Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sneak peek #3 of "Jazzy Ladies Productions"

I THINK I’VE SPOTTED SOME POTENTIAL



“Bunnie, this is the last one of the night, alright?” Karen said as she turned the car off.

Jazmyne and Karen had visited every strip bar from Forsyth to Perry in search of girls to dance at their upcoming Red and Black event. So far, they were having no luck.

“Fine but if this place doesn’t have any woman halfway decent, we’re going to Atlanta this weekend.”

It was military appreciation night at the Sneak ‘a’ Peek Strip Club. Both women hoped that the overflowing parking lot was due to promising women they could solicit to work for them.

The strong odor of cigarette and Black and Mild smoke clouded the air as they entered. The bouncer inside the door frisked Karen twice but only checked Jazmyne’s purse.

“Who says it doesn’t pay to show a little cleavage now and then,” Jazmyne smiled as she shimmied in her mustard colored tunic top with sequined beads. 

Karen frowned, tucked her navy blue shirt back in her black jeans and buttoned up her black vest. She quickly scanned the club and said, “I’ll work this side and you work that side.”

“Meet you back at the bar after my rounds,” Jazmyne blew Karen a kiss before walking off.

Karen barely finished her sentence before being rejected by the first three women she approached.

“Excuse me,” Karen said to another woman dressed in a string bikini. “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Sorry honey, I’m working.”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

The stripper eyed Karen from head to toe then replied, “Tempting but I got a girlfriend and she doesn’t like me doing other women.”

“I wasn’t going to suggest that.”

“She doesn’t like it when I let other women do me either.”

Frustration had set in so Karen went to the bar for a drink.

“This is just sad,” Jazmyne pouted as she joined Karen a few minutes later. “Either they aren’t cute, stuck up or want too much money.”

“At least you got that far in the conversation,” Karen said. “They see me coming and only think I want a show. I couldn’t even get my sales pitch out before getting shot down.”

“Like I said, stuck up.”

“Doesn’t make me a bit of difference. Saves me the trouble of having to fire their amateurish asses later on down the road,” Karen said as she sipped on her drink.

“I just don’t get how they can be so sure of themselves with no skills whatsoever.” Jazmyne pointed to the strippers on stage. “I could get up there and blow them all away. Walk out of here with their rent money, light bill money, gas money, all of it and I haven’t danced in years.”

After giving the strippers on stage a few more glances, Karen shook her head. “Come on. Let’s get out of here.”

Jazmyne followed Karen to the door when something caught her attention out the corner of her eye. She looked back and saw a young mixed woman giving an older man a lap dance.

Jazmyne gently grabbed Karen by the arm and pulled her near. “I think I’ve spotted some potential.”

Karen looked in the direction Jazmyne motioned. They both watched as the woman winded up and dropped her bottom to the floor.

“Not bad,” Karen said as she positioned herself closer to the bar to see more of the show.

“Come here real quick.” Jazmyne pulled Karen to her and wrapped her arms around Karen’s neck, her purse still in her hands. “Pretend you’re dancing so I can get a picture of her.”

“Why don’t we just go over there, Jaz?”

“Because I just saw one of the girls I talked to talking with the guy in the corner of the bar behind me. He’s had his eyes on us ever since and I don’t think it’s because he wants to play Three’s Company.”

Karen peeked over Jazmyne’s shoulder and spotted a white man with short dark hair nursing a drink. He locked eyes with her for a quick moment before moving his eyes toward the stage.

“Yep, I think they’re on to us,” Karen whispered in Jazmyne’s ear. “Take the picture so we can go.”

With her arms still wrapped around Karen’s neck, Jazmyne stuck her hand in her purse and pulled her cell phone halfway out, just enough for the lens of the camera to be visible. She snapped a couple of pictures from that angle then dropped her arms around Karen’s waist and snapped a few more. After a few zoom-in shots at both angles, Jazmyne led Karen to the restroom.

Jazmyne was barely through the door before she was flipping through the photos. When she got to the zoom-in shots, her mouth dropped wide open. “Oh shit!”

“What?”

Jazmyne showed Karen the picture.

“Wait a minute. Isn’t that…”

“Yep.”

Karen had a sly smile on her face. “You know, she’s not that bad.” Jazmyne playfully punched Karen on the arm. “I’m only saying,” Karen continued, “we need dancers and Santé can move.”

“I’m sure Taneka would appreciate you complementing her girlfriend in that manner.”

Karen had planned to leave but she knew Jazmyne wanted to stay and spy on Santé a little longer. They went back to the bar, took a seat and ordered another drink to share. They watched Santé as she continued to wind and grind on a paying customer. Jazmyne gave Santé’s moves a few approving head nods but knew they couldn’t ask her to dance at their event. Even though they didn’t know Santé all that well, Taneka was like family and Jazmyne didn’t want to cause unnecessary friction between the two.

Jazmyne quickly shook the idea out of her head and sent the picture of Santé to Dionne through MMS text.

“What are you doing, Bunnie?” Karen asked.

“I’m texting Dionne.”

“Let’s just stay out of it, alright. It’s none of our business.”

“So you’re saying we’re not to get involved when we see one of our friends’ girlfriend cheating on them?”

“She’s just giving the guy a lap dance.”

Jazmyne’s phone vibrated and she read the incoming message from Dionne.

Taneka already knows her girl’s a stripper. That’s how they met.

“See,” Karen said reading over Jazmyne’s shoulder. “Look at you, always meddling.”

Jazmyne watched as Santé leaned in and whispered something in the guy’s ear. He pulled out his wallet and placed a credit card in the bartender’s hand. After it was returned, he signed the receipt and Santé led him through a curtained hallway.

“Do Taneka know her girlfriend’s a ho, too,” Jazmyne asked sarcastically.

“You don’t know what goes on back there.”

Jazmyne looked at Karen with devilish smile. “I know you don’t think I was always such a good girl. I used to be a wild one.”

“Naw, really? I couldn’t imagine,” Karen said sarcastically.

“Make jokes all you want but I was a whole different person before I met you.”

“So what made you change?”

Jazmyne rested her arms on Karen’s shoulders and said, “Let’s just say the right woman coming along at the right time opened my eyes to a whole new world.”

Karen smiled, kissed Jazmyne on the cheek and swiped her cell phone from her hands.

“Wait, that could be the evidence Taneka needs to finally break up with her.”

“Do you really think she would?”

“Well, if she doesn’t, I don’t want to hear her complaining about her anymore. You can’t have me out using my superspy skills for nothing.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
;